Making Your Workspace Work For You – Work From Home
It is All About Work From Home Space Management
Laptops, tablets, and phones mean you can work from almost anywhere. But optimizing work from home space can increase work efficiency. When considering various work from home concepts, avoid common mistakes, such as these:
- Too noisy or too busy: you don’t want to be distracted or cause a distraction and you want privacy for sensitive calls
- Not enough storage: whether it’s stationery, extra cables, tea bags, or product samples, keep business supplies nearby
- No space for reference materials and equipment: you need to keep books, files, your printer, your device charger immediately at hand
- Inadequate equipment: if your equipment gets in the way of you doing business, replace it as soon as you can afford to
- Uncomfortable or ugly: if you have to be there for hours, tidy it up, tuck cables away nicely, and personalize the space
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people had to deal with work from home space management with little time to prepare. They may have had work from home essentials, like laptop computers, but found they were lacking work from home accessories that can turn a space you can work in to a space you want to work in.
To get your work from home setup ideas, consider what you’ll be using the space for. Will you be on the phone a lot? On video calls? Will you have to have other people (business partners, employees, or clients) visit your space? Once you know what you’ll be doing, brainstorm creative work from home setups.
If you live alone or will be working by yourself when other members of the household are out you might make do with a kitchen table. Or a coffee table that changes height—that’s a great example of double duty multi-tasking furniture. This can work well if you’re working a few hours per week from home.
On the other hand, if you’re working full-time, try to find a dedicated space. Decorate it with :
1. Motivational wallpaper (either on your computer screen or the actual wall) or posters.
2. Have Designer Small Desk
3. Get some designer desk lights
4. Low-light house plants for your desk
5. A storage or filing cabinet
6. Comfortable chair you can sit in for hours.
This Way You deserve place that works as hard as you do.